As you may remember, back in March – Sony Interactive Entertainment and RTS Esports Company You won the championship together in the fighting game Evo† Nintendo said at the time that it would continue to “evaluate” the Evo as planned in the future Super Smash Bros. Tournament activity.
Looks like a decision has now been made. According to an announcement from the team at Evo, Nintendo has decided to release Super Smash Bros. from the event. Admittedly, it was a huge hit as the series has been a part of the fighting games tournament since 2007.
Here is Evo’s full statement:
“Since 2007, we’ve seen historic Super Smash Bros moments at Evo events. We are saddened that Nintendo chose not to continue that legacy with us this year. In the future, we hope to celebrate Super Smash Bros. once again. The community is on their side.”
As mentioned earlier, there will also be a promotion for Evo 2022 – it will take place on March 8.
Nintendo previously said how it “has enjoyed interacting with fans in previous Evo sessions” and wished the show’s organizers all the best with their new project. Nintendo recently hosted a file Special Tournament Events In association with Panda Global.
If we hear updates, we’ll let you know. What do you think of this decision? Leave a comment below.
“Magician with the skill of expert television. The caller is unapologetic. naughty. world of travel. The wannabe thinker. Music fanatic. Amateur explorer. “