- You spend at least 70% of your assignment on scientific research.
- You participate in education at the bachelor’s or master’s level.
- You supervise students at master’s level in the context of internships, internships and master’s thesis.
- You are supervising PhD students.
- You hold a PhD with a thesis in Communication Sciences. For diplomas obtained outside the European Union, an equivalent certificate from NARIC must be submitted. Diploma requirements must be met on the date of appointment.
- I have already done research in the field of Film and Television Studies.
- You distinguished yourself as a promising researcher while working on your Ph.D.
- You have a keen interest in instructing students in advanced academic and/or academic training.
- Have relevant scholarly publications in international and national scholarly journals that are widely circulated and that invite experts to evaluate submitted manuscripts.
- We offer you an interim appointment for one year. The appointment cannot be renewed.
- You can also apply if you have been previously assigned (whether at another university or not and in the same field or not) for an initial period of up to 3 years. The second appointment does not have to coincide with the first.
- You can start working from February 1, 2022 at the earliest.
- The reward is according to the AAP5 scale. More information about our salary scales.
- Furthermore, every UGent employee can count on a number of benefits, such as a wide range of education and training, 36 days of vacation leave with fixed bridge days annually, bicycle allowance, environmental vouchers, etc. Employee benefits.
You can apply online only by e-recruitment until the registration deadline (01-05-2022). We do not accept late orders or orders not delivered through the online application.
You must attach the following documents with your application:
- In the field ‘Curriculum Vitae’: Your CV and an overview of the obtained study results (combined as one PDF file)
- In the field ‘‘Motivation message’Motivation letter in PDF format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: A copy of the required diploma (if already in your possession)
- In the field Equivalency CertificateOnly if you obtained your degree from outside the EU, you must add an equivalent certificate from NARIC. You can order it via www.naricvlaanderen.be. If you obtained your degree in the UK before January 31, 2020, you do not need to add an equivalent degree.
Ghent University pursues an equal opportunity and diversity policy and therefore encourages everyone to apply.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact Prof. Sophie Van Bauwel ([email protected], +32 09/2646799).