Number of hours: 38 per week
Published on: November 21, 2023
Donner, one of the largest (independent) bookstores in the Netherlands with approximately fifty employees and one million visitors per year, is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and commercially motivated employee due to the retirement of a current employee.
Arts/History/Philosophy/Theology bookseller and Arts & Sciences Department Coordinator* 38 hours a week
With specialized knowledge and relevant practical experience.
The employee reports to the Director in charge of the Arts and Sciences Department and works within a team of 10 colleagues.
In addition to a wide selection of books, Donner sells gifts and office supplies and there is extensive programming at the theater. The store also includes an antique shop, a music department, and catering services.
* Buying and selling (and promoting) the categories mentioned
* Coordinate activities for the entire department
* Providing information/services to customers
* Handling the flow of goods in the department with colleagues
* Submit and keep inventory organized and up to date
* Maintain business contacts with representatives, publishers and suppliers
* Follow “Books in the Media”, professional literature and developments in the book trade
* Participate in preparing for purchasing exhibitions
* Academic education or HBO (or thinking level)
* Knowledge and interest in the aforementioned departments and in art and science in general *
* Customer oriented and proactive attitude
*Very good overall development
* Fluent use of information systems and familiarity with social media
* Proficiency in Dutch and English
* Feeling responsible towards his own field and the field of colleagues
* An open mind to the ins and outs of the entire company
* Familiarity with the cultural agenda/life in Rotterdam is recommended. And also the desire to make it your own.
* Enjoy cooperation, pleasant personality and disciplined work behaviour
* A diverse job that can be designed with a great deal of freedom and where personal initiative is highly valued
* An attractive, lively and professional work environment with room for development
* Good team atmosphere
* Salary and travel expenses are according to the library’s collective labor agreement and according to position and experience
* The Department of Arts and Sciences at Donner consists of the following categories: Art, History, Philosophy, Theology, Spirituality, Psychology, Health, Medicine, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, Exact Sciences, Computer Sciences, Languages.
Information: Leo van de Wetering
Cover Letters: Susan Hamsher
cc Leo van de Wetering
You can respond until December 15
3012 AG Rotterdam