Four common mistakes while losing weight according to a nutritionist

You exercise enough and go on a diet, but losing weight is difficult. How is that? According to an expert, you may have fallen for these common pitfalls. Four mistakes to avoid.

When one loses pounds without effort, it is even more difficult for the other. Nutrition expert Alex Thomas sees this as well. swears article The most common mistakes made while fighting the pounds so you don’t have to make them.

Four mistakes while losing weight

1. You are not deficient in calories

The most important rule during this is that you must be in a calorie deficit. In principle, it does not matter what you eat, as long as it is less than your daily needs. This daily requirement varies from person to person. You can imagine that someone with a sedentary job burns significantly fewer calories than someone who works in construction.

2. You are on a very strict diet

Have you completely banned beer, chips, nuts, chocolate, burgers, french fries, pizza, and pasta from your diet? According to Thomas, this actually works in reverse. If you follow a strict diet, the chance of relapse is very high. If you have an all-or-nothing mentality, that… cheat day Perhaps more than that, because you no longer care.

It is better to choose a diet that lasts longer. This basically means healthy food, and now and then something delicious. The 80/20 rule is a good example of this. 80% of the meals you eat should be healthy. The remaining 20 percent you choose for tasty and less healthy food. The chance of this going on for a longer period of time is much higher than that of a strict diet.

See also  The dreamiest Christmas present for astronomers: the most powerful space telescope ever launched

3. Completely avoid carbohydrates or fats

Avoiding certain food groups has been touted as a “way to lose weight” for years, to no avail. Thomas also says it’s important to eat a varied diet, as that’s the only way to ensure you’re getting enough macro and micro nutrients. A good, varied diet consists of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.

By eliminating fats from your diet, you don’t lose weight. Also, completely removing carbs from your diet doesn’t guarantee that you’ll magically lose pounds. Your body needs these macronutrients to function properly.

4. You give up too soon

Do you lose heart if you don’t lose weight after a week of eating healthy? Losing weight is a slow process, so giving up quickly is one of the most common mistakes. However, maintaining your new lifestyle is important to making progress. Those pounds didn’t come off in one week, so why should they be off so quickly?

Focus on a healthy lifestyle instead of losing weight as quickly as possible. This is not only better for your health, but for you too Mentality

You can read more tips on effective weight loss here.

Dietitians: “The Pentagram is old fashioned” and therefore a lifelong vegetarian pill

Did you see an error? Email us. We are grateful to you.

Reply to the article:

Four common mistakes while losing weight according to a nutritionist

Megan Vasquez

"Creator. Coffee buff. Internet lover. Organizer. Pop culture geek. Tv fan. Proud foodaholic."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.