WhatsApp is one of the most popular chat software and has a great deal of possibilities. In these iPhone tips, we show you four hidden WhatsApp functions that you (probably) don’t know yet.
Continue reading after the announcement.
iPhone Tips: Four Hidden Features of WhatsApp
Almost everyone has The WhatsApp on his iPhone, because it was one of the most popular chat programs in years. The app has many features, some of which are well hidden.
For example, did you know that you can type words in bold or italic in WhatsApp? Or that you can make messages disappear automatically to certain contacts? Find out how to do it (and more) in this week’s iPhone Tips!
1. Change the text format
In WhatsApp, you can use stickers and gifs. Useful if you want to emphasize something. There is another way to do this. It is possible to change the text format. This can be done in four ways.
- to text Fat or in bold To do this, type an asterisk to the left and right of the word † For example, if you type * like * it will appear in the messageNice
- † do you want a wordDiagonal † Then write a dash (_) before and after the word. This is how _birthday_ is modifiedbirthday
- You can also cross out the text. You can do this by typing a tilde (~) to the left and right of the word.
WhatsApp format textIf you find it difficult to remember, there is another way to adjust the format. Type the message in WhatsApp. Then double click on the word you want to edit. A black bar will appear over the word. tap on ‘BI
You are’. Then you can choose from Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, and Monospace.
2. Make your messages disappear automatically
Sometimes you don’t want to save your messages forever. We have a good solution for that in these iPhone tips. You can choose to automatically hide messages you send to a specific contact. Do it the following way.
- Automatically delete messages in WhatsApp
- open a conversation with the contact where you want the messages to disappear automatically;
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top;
- Scroll down and tap Messages with a Due Date;
- choose the option “24 hours”;
Your messages will automatically disappear after 24 hours.
WhatsApp expiration date
3. Mark messages to make it easier to find them
When someone sends you an important message, it pays to have it on hand quickly. But if the same person floods you with messages, you will lose the important message quickly. There are several tricks for this: for example, you can Take a screenshot
- To save the important message. But why not use the built-in WhatsApp feature? You can also mark an important message. Do it the following way.
- Open the conversation containing the important message;
- Hold your finger on the message until a new window appears with options;
iPhone Tips: Tag WhatsApp messages
The message is now saved. To view all messages with a star, first return to the overview with all WhatsApp chats. Then tap “Settings > Starred Messages” at the bottom. You will then see all the messages that you have marked with a strong sign.
4. Save and export the conversation
- In these iPhone tips, you have already been able to read that you can select a message to save. Want to archive an entire chat conversation at a later time? Then there is an easier way. You can do this by exporting the WhatsApp conversation. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the conversation in WhatsApp that you want to export;
- Tap the name at the top of the conversation;
- Scroll down and click on “Export Chat”;
- Choose “Include media” to include all photos and videos, otherwise choose “No media”;
iPhone Tips: Export WhatsApp Chat
More tips and tricks for iPhone and iPad These were this week’s iPhone tips. Want more advice? then read 6 best new tips for your iPhone And the Features (Secretly) in iOS 15 Just a little longer. Also keep regular I called
† Thanks in advance!