Tired of Snapchat or need a break? We show you how to delete Snapchat
Social media is a great invention, but sometimes it can be a little addictive. Do you waste a lot of time watching Snaps, having fun with friends, or just wanting a breather? We’ll show you how to resist temptation – by removing Snapchat!
Remove Snapchat from your phone
Removing the Snapchat app from your phone actually removes much of the temptation to open messages. Removing Snapchat is similar to removing any other app. Hold your finger on the app icon for 2 seconds and you will see the screen change. On the iPhone, tap the icon. On Android, tap Trash or drag the app to Trash.
The app has now been removed from your smartphone. You won’t see it anymore and you won’t get notifications anymore. But… your account still exists. Want to capture Snapchat again? Then you install the app, sign in, and continue where you left off.
Delete your Snapchat account
Another step is to delete the entire Snapchat account. You will then lose all the data, your contacts and the messages you sent at any time. Want to start using Snapchat again? Then you will have to rebuild everything from scratch. After deleting your Snapchat account, you have 30 days to change your mind. If you log in within that time, the cancellation will be undone.
Uninstall Snapchat from your computer
The best way to delete your Snapchat account is to log into Snapchat on your computer.
- go to accounts.snapchat.comLog in and click Delete my account
- Enter your username and password to verify
- Click Continue. Snapchat will deactivate your account and delete everything after 30 days
Cancel Snapchat Account on iPhone or Android
Want to use the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android device to delete your account? This is also possible!
- Open the Snapchat app and log in
- Click on your avatar in the top left
- Click on the gear icon at the top right
- Scroll down and find Delete Account
- Log in with your username and then enter your password
- Click Continue to delete your Snapchat account
This is how you delete snapshots
Do you regret a particular shot? Then you can always delete individual messages.
Remove Snaps from Story
- Go to your profile
- Click on “My Story” to view it
- Swipe up on the Snap you want to delete, then tap Trash
Remove the hijacker from the hijacker card
- Click on the settings wheel on your profile to go to settings
- Click Spotlight and Snap Map to view the Snaps
- Click trash to delete the Snap
More peace in your life? Maybe you can too delete Instagram†