The two missiles that North Korea fired local time Thursday morning were ballistic missiles. This is what Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga says. According to the prime minister, Japan strongly condemns the missile launches.
“The launch threatens peace and stability in our country and the region and constitutes a clear violation of United Nations Security Council resolutions,” Suga told a news conference.
According to the Japanese Ministry of Defense, the first missile was launched at 22.06 GMT (23.06 BST), and the second followed approximately half an hour later.
Initially, the South Korean military stated that its northern neighbor had fired an unidentified shell so far. On the other hand, the General Staff announced that they were two missiles, according to South Korean Yonhap News Agency. Projectiles were launched into the Sea of Japan.
This second missile launch in a few days’ time underscores the danger posed by North Korea’s armament program. This is what the US military is saying today in response to the launches.
Last weekend, North Korea fired several short-range missiles from its western coast. After that it turned out to be cruise missiles. Initially, the launch was seen as a potential provocation toward South Korea and the United States.
After that, it became clear that it might have been a test of North Korean weapons systems, which is also permissible under United Nations Security Council rules. At the time, the United States and South Korea were still responding steadily to the first missile launch by North Korea since Joe Biden’s presidency of the United States.
The Americans said they were still open to dialogue with Pyongyang, which the Kim Jong Un regime rejects at this time.
Unlimited free access to Showbytes? Which can!
Sign in or create an account and don’t miss the chance to star.