It has only happened once that a Belgian author has won the Golden Cookbook Award: in 2021, chef and author Sippy Nobles received this title for his book “The Cookbook”. The shortlist announced yesterday by the professional jury shows that two of this year’s six contenders are Belgian authors once again. Regula Yeswegen It was nominated for the “Van Wafel tot Koek” award by the Dutch publisher Carrera Culinaire. In addition, also a towing photographer Wot Hendricks With a food designer Debbie de Mangelier And recipe developer Elise van de Poel Nominated by Wntrlust from Pelckmans Publishers.
This year’s jury consists of president Nadia Zerouali, Sasha de Boer, Casper van Dijk, Jeroen Doucet, Minta Nicolai, Sander Overender and Barbara Cerulos. In the coming weeks they will be busy testing recipes from books November 10 To announce the winner.
In addition to the jury prize, there is also an audience prize where you can vote for your favorite cookbook from 2023. In total, you can choose from more than 70 titles from the Low Countries published last year. You can cast your vote via the Food&Friends website. Among other things Jeroen Meeus, Wim paleo And Pascal Niessens They can be found in this larger selection.
These are the six best cookbooks of 2023
• Kitchens of Ukraine – Olya Hercules – Cosmos Oetjivers: A look at the cuisines of Ukraine, with background information, recipes and culinary history.
• Tribute – Sergio Hermann – Nij and Van Dittmar: In this cookbook, Chef Hermann presents 50 accessible mussel recipes, prepared in different ways and with different techniques.
• chin. Indiana. break. Cookbook – Danny Li, Fa Cai, Li, Sun Li and Yan Ting Yuen – Nig and Van Dittmar: Classics of Chinese cuisine under the distinctive guise of our country.
• From waffles to biscuits – Regula Yeswegen – Carrera Culinaire: In this book Regula brings together a unique collection of recipes for festive cakes, tarts and tarts from the Low Countries. It’s the ultimate baking book.
• Winterlost – Wout Hendricks, Debbie de Mangelier, Elise van de Poel – Pelkmans: Delicious winter comfort food in a visually beautiful format.
• Giwa-Karl Limet, Maas van Putten-Nij and Van Dittmar: Karl and Mas share the best of Indian cuisine in the form of soul food.