It’s almost time for Science Weekend! Various topics will be discussed on Saturday, October 7 and Sunday, October 8. From fermentation to electromagnetic radiation and more. There is also plenty to do in Arnhem for young and old. What? You can read it here.
Science Weekend is suitable for (almost) all ages. The organization focuses on families with children between the ages of 8 and 14, but everyone can discover what the world of science and technology has to offer. You can continue reading the site From the organization.
Discover the history of Arnhem
Anyone interested in the world of science will be in the right place in Arnhem on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 October. During the weekend you can discover the wonderful world in different ways. like:
- Visit Technology Day on Saturday, October 7th. This is in Tech Plaza and starts at 10:00. The day ends at 4 pm. Free admission.
- On Sunday 8 October, a real archaeologist will be present at the Rosette dealing with early medieval iron. The finds can be viewed from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Visit the historic Rozet Cellar on Sunday, October 8th. Doors are open from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and you can participate in many activities for free;
- Visit Rozet on Saturday, October 7 and take part in a treasure hunt. During this treasure hunt, you’ll learn about inventions from the past and present;
- Take a look behind the scenes at Burgers’ Ocean. The tour of this part of the zoo continues throughout the weekend from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. You will have to prepare yourself for that to sign up.
- Would you like to know about other activities in Arnhem? Verified here.
Science Weekend is a Dutch science event since 2012. Every year, the NEMO Museum of Science and Technology organizes the weekend with the support of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.