The Helmond Sport duel is one that contains many strange twists | Helmond Sports

The match between Helmond Sport and Top Os in the first division was stopped three times on Friday evening. Referee Gerets sent both teams back in in the final seconds because there was another plastic cup of beer on the field. The final three minutes were played in an empty stadium. The score was 1-1 in Helmond.

Before the end of stoppage time, Top equalized the score through Ladan. Before the first leg, the Ossenians celebrated a 1-1 draw. After another throw, the referee decided that it was enough. He decided to resume the match half an hour before due to the arrest of the beer thrower from the away section. Before that, he had consulted openly with both clubs and the police.

The beer thrower has reportedly not been traced from the home department. General manager Philip van Esch of Helmond Sport walked to the center back during the second period of calm to calm the crowd.

Helmond Sport recorded their third win at home at De Braak Stadium. Michael Chacon opened the scoring in the 55th minute with a wonderful shot. The midfielder completed a beautiful attack with a powerful shot into the far corner. Chacon celebrated the goal with the bench, reserve players and technical staff. Dozens of meters away in the corner of the field, the cups flew onto the field. As a result, Gerets stopped the match for the first time.


The 1-0 score was not deserved at all. Before half-time, Bob Peters’ side had already been awarded eight corner kicks. One is more dangerous than the other. For example, Joeri Schroegen’s short corner kick was barely cleared over by TOP, Giannis Botos’s delivery was life-threatening and Mes Krekels’ effort was blocked.

Helmond Sport didn’t have much to fear from the TOP. The only time goalkeeper Wouter van der Steen was forced to dive was at the end of the first half on a shot from outside the penalty area by Theis van Slewen. He didn’t even dive for the equalizer. Delano Ladan’s shot was too powerful for him.

See also  British cancer patients get sports compensation: 'This should also be done in the Netherlands'


Helmond Sport, Schroigen entered, as did Enrique Osterk. The Slovenian, like his new teammate, did more than enough. Due to his calmness on the ball, the midfielder was a worthy replacement for the injured Elmo Leftinc in midfield.

However, he was forced to withdraw at the beginning of the second half. The midfielder was out due to a muscle injury.

Helmond Sport – Top Os 1-0 (0-0)
55. Chacon 1-0, 90. Ladan 1-1.
Referee: Gerrits.
Spectators: 1,844.
Yellow: Kurti, Geertsen (top).
Helmond Sports: van der Steen; Van Vlerken, Van den Eijnden, Krekels, Schroijn (67. Koolhaase); Osterk (49. Vankerkhoven), Botos (67. Lorentzen), Chacon; Navigators (80. Van Kilijum), Kars, Amuzu (80. Van Oijen).

Through ball from Michael Chacon against Top Os. © Shots Pro / Twin Damen

Stay up to date with the latest sports news via the Eindhovens Dagblad newsletter!

There is good news for all sports fans: has a daily sports newsletter! Through this newsletter, you as a reader can get the latest relevant sports news directly in your inbox. Click on this link and select Sports Newsletter. Enter your email address and you’ll be ready to receive the latest sports news every day, during lunchtime.

Amber Webster

 "Freelance zombie fanatic. Devoted web advocate. Analyst. Writer. Coffee fanatic. Travelaholic. Proud food aficionado."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *