Nintendo just released a new firmware update for the Switch. It upgrades the system to version 14.0.0 and although it is not a major update, it does add an important and long-lasting feature.
Five years later, users now have the ability to create groups of programs. This is actually the update folder, which means you can organize your game library into all sorts of categories. There is a maximum of 100 groups, with a maximum of 200 titles per group.
So – there you are, you can finally clear your main toggle list. In addition, Nintendo changed the volume behavior of Bluetooth audio, improving the user experience.
Here are the full patch notes provided by Nintendo Official support page†
Version 14.0.0 (released March 21, 2022)
The Groups feature has been added to the All Programs list.
- You can now create groups of programs to organize the titles of your programs.
- Creating groups for different types of games, developers, or whatever you want to organize will make it easier to find the app you want.
- 100 groups can be created with a maximum of 200 titles per group.
- The button to continue to the All Programs screen is displayed only if there are 13 or more program title icons on the system.
- For more information, see How to create groups of programs†
The behavior of the Bluetooth® volume level has been changed.
- You can now adjust the volume of your Bluetooth audio devices using the Nintendo Switch™ controller or the volume buttons on your Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume level displayed on the console reflects the Bluetooth volume level when using the device controls.
- The maximum volume has been increased for some Bluetooth audio devices.
Have you downloaded the latest Switch firmware update yet? Did you notice anything else? Leave a comment below.
“Magician with the skill of expert television. The caller is unapologetic. naughty. world of travel. A wannabe thinker. Music fanatic. Amateur explorer. “