Shawn Mendes postpones his world tour due to his ‘mental health’

the newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Shawn Mendes He announced on Friday evening that he had decided to postpone his world tour due to his “mental health”.

The “Señorita” singer said he should move the tours in Uncasville, Connecticut, to at least July 29, as he’s at “breaking point.”

“It breaks my heart,” he said in a social media post to postpone shows, but “I’ve been touring since I was 15, and to be honest, it was always hard to be on the road without friends and family.”†

After being away from touring for a few years, he said he felt ready to get back on the road but recently realized it was “too early and unfortunately the fees and stress have hit me and I’ve reached breaking point”.

SHAWN MENDES FITNESS SHOWS DURING A T-shirt hawaii outing

He added that he decided to take some time “to heal and take care of myself and my son.” Mental health first and foremostAfter speaking with his team and health professionals.

Shawn Mendes poses as Sir Lucien Grange has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on January 23, 2020 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images)
(Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images)

Thousands of fans left messages of support in the comments, including “Honey, I’m Good” singer Andy Grammer, who wrote on his Instagram: “I love you man, proud of you for doing what you need.”

Grammer recently admitted in an interview that his mental health has suffered from the coronavirus pandemic.

See also  World Water Map maps total fresh water reserves

“I slipped really bad and went to therapy, and that got me going,” he told the Cincinnati Inquirer. “I wasn’t very positive. I broke really bad.”

Shawn Mendes took the stage at the 8th annual “We Can Survive” gala hosted by Audacy at the Hollywood Bowl on October 23, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images for sound recording)
(Photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images for sound recording)

Shawn Mendes started Camila Cabello’s breakup after the relationship got stale: Report

Mendes, 23, has spoken about his struggles before, telling fans on Twitter in April that when he “gets frustrated” and fears what people might think of his reality, “I dress casual or hide.”

He added that he is “23 years old and always feels like he’s flying or drowning.”

Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes perform on stage during the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards at the Prudential Center on August 26, 2019 in Newark, New Jersey.  (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)

Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes perform on stage during the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards at the Prudential Center on August 26, 2019 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)
(Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)

“The truth is that even with this success, I still had a hard time feeling like I didn’t fail,” but he assured fans that he was “fine” and was only hoping his ideas would “resonate” with some people.

Click here to subscribe to our entertainment newsletter

And during the holiday season last year, in late December, the singer posted a video of a fan on his Instagram account, in which he said that he “is currently struggling with social media”, but thanked listeners for describing his new song “Everything is fine” ” who came out after her divorce from fellow singer Camila Cabello.

See also  James Webb sees a huge plume of water emanating from one of Saturn's moons

He added, “I’m so proud of this song and so grateful to be connected to it guys, so thankful for it being attacked and people enjoying it.”

Mendes’ “Wonder” tour kicked off June 27 in Portland, Oregon and was scheduled to take place in the US through October next summer and then around the world.

CLICK HERE FOR FOX NEWS APP

The first gig affected is the St. Paul, Minnesota Show on Saturday night.

Megan Vasquez

"Creator. Coffee buff. Internet lover. Organizer. Pop culture geek. Tv fan. Proud foodaholic."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *